About the San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf Merchants Association
The Fisherman’s Wharf Merchants Association was founded in 1946 to provide member service and a strong unified voice that would ensure the growth of the community. Our vision is to preserve the history, and strive to maintain the future health and success of the fishermen and merchants of Fisherman’s Wharf.
With over 100 members representing the hotels, restaurants, attractions, retail stores, tour operators and service providers of Fisherman’s Wharf, the Association provides community leadership that keeps the Wharf’s history alive and its future secure.
BECOME A FISHERMAN'S WHARF MERCHANTS ASSOCIATION MEMBER
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- A network of over 100 active members
- Increased exposure for your products, services and/or facilities
- Access to numerous opportunities designed to assist members in increasing their share of Wharf business including:
– Monthly Electronic Newsletter e-mailed to over 6,000 consumers
– Website exposure on fishermanswharf.org (averaging 40,000 unique visitors per month; higher in peak summer months), including a single rotating tile ad on the Plan A Visit pages, as well as the Calendar of Events, if appropriate
– Online Membership Directory, including Officers & Board of Governors and Committee Members
– Member networking and resource opportunities
– Monthly General Membership Luncheons featuring informative speakers and updates and Social Mixers
– Special Events, including the Annual Fisherman’s Wharf Golf Tournament; Annual Crab Feed & Silent Auction Fundraiser; and a Community Holiday Party.
- Opportunity to actively serve on one or more of several committees
- Community and charitable endeavors, including the San Francisco Police Youth Fishing Program and the Fishermen’s and Seamen’s Memorial Chapel
- “Strength in Numbers” for City/State/Federal Policy Involvement – Provides group approach and resources for lobbying efforts and priorities
- Shared Vision/Branding our Shared Product – Consistent interaction with fellow community leaders and businesses helps us all to solidify a “shared vision” to better support and drive the “branding” of our community’s Fisherman’s Wharf “product.”
Our Mission Statement
To protect, preserve, expand, and support the businesses & organizations of the San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf Community.
Our address is
Fisherman’s Wharf Merchants Association
47 Pier, Suite 2
San Francisco, CA 94133-1035